Go For Life Grant Scheme for Older Adult Groups
*Note that this scheme is now OPEN for applications*
The Go for Life Small Grant Scheme for Sport and Physical Activity for older people is now open for applications. The scheme is aimed at encouraging older people to get active and is used by groups and clubs all over Ireland to buy equipment, run sports events or try new activities. Last year over 1,000 groups and organisations availed of this opportunity. Each grant awarded this year will be between €250 and €700.
To download the application form go to National-Grant-Scheme-Application-Form-2020-(3)
See terms and conditions here Grant-Application-Terms-and-Conditions
Locally, Mayo Sports Partnership assists groups in preparing applications or in just dealing with their queries. If your group needs assistance, please contact Ray McNamara, Mayo Sports Partnership, at 094-9064362, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or log on to its website at www.mayosports.ie
Grants will be between €250 and €700 and may be allocated towards the cost of the following initiatives outlined below:
Physical Activity Programme
- A 5-week programme to introduce older people to an activity such as aerobics, aquafit, tai-chi or tennis - the costs of hall hire and a qualified instructor might form part of the overall cost.
- An initiative by a sports club to involve more older people – the purchase of special equipment, facility hire or qualified instructor might form part of the overall cost.
Purchase of Equipment / Resource Materials
- Pitch and putt set, physical activity kitbag, play parachute, badminton rackets, skittles kit.
Please note that for the 2011 grant scheme Short Mat Bowling equipment will only be considered for joint applications where it will be shared by two or more groups. Grants will not be allocated towards the cost of audio/visual equipment (DVD or CD Players, Televisions etc.) or exercise machines.
- Organisation of a Sportsfest aimed at introducing older adults to a range of recreational sports.
Grants will not be allocated towards the cost of:
- Non-sporting/physical activities
- Ongoing Commitments; e.g. membership fees for gyms or sports clubs, rental of facilities or employment of professional instructors on an ongoing basis.
- Club Insurance / Taxes or Rates
- Foreign Travel / Visits
- Feasibility Studies
- Capital Costs such as the development or refurbishment of facilities.
To find out more about the scheme go to www.ageandopportunity.ie/active/age-and-opportunity-active-national-grant-scheme/