Eolas do Chuideachtaí a Choinníonn Siar (CISG)
What is PSWT
- A 20% withholding tax that applies to payments in respect of professional services.
- PSWT applies to payments made to both Irish and foreign suppliers.
- If there is an element of PSWT in the contract / PO then the full contract / PO will be liable to PSWT.
- PSWT applies in respect of reimbursement of expenses even where separately invoiced.
Examples of Professional Services
- Solicitors or barristers and other legal services.
- Architectural, engineering, quantity surveying or surveying and related services.
- Accountancy, auditing or financing and services of financial, economic, marketing, advertising or other consultancies.
- Medical, dental, pharmaceutical, optical, aural or veterinary.
- Geological Services.
More information on Professional Services Withholding Tax is available on the Revenue website