Walking Leader Training
Walking Leader Training is primarily aimed at people wishing to lead a walking group or promote walking in the community or workplace.
The course comprises of a one day training delivered by the Irish Heart Foundation, a follow up 4 week walking programme to try out your new walking leader’s skills.
- Current physical activity guidelines for adults and how they relate to walking
- The main elements of a health-enhancing walking session
- Prescribing walking programmes suitable for people of different fitness levels
- Advice on issues such as posture, technique, stretching, intensity, clothing, etc.
- Safety issues and rick assessment
- Planning walking sessions and programmes
- How to start your own walking group
- Practical Walking Sessions
***Please Note: Before committing to the training, it is important to remember that the aim of each course is to have a panel of trained leaders ready to implement their skills in their own communities. We will therefore expect all participants to organise walks on a regular basis after the course has ended. ***
Courses are held from time to time so please click here Courses & Events Calendar