The Active Leadership Award is designed to provide trained, knowledgeable and enthusiastic community-based sports and physical activity sessions to sports leaders, coaches and teachers in several different settings. Successful participants will be equipped to work in a wide range of locations including local clubs, community groups, workplaces and community centres.
Trained leaders in the Active Leadership Award will be competent and confident in taking charge of a group for physical activity sessions. You will also be equipped with the necessary knowledge and skills to plan, organise and lead physical activity sessions within your own group setting.
By partaking in the Active Leadership Award course, you will
- Understand your role as a Physical Activity leader and how you will apply it within your organisation/club/school/community
- Plan and lead a fun physical activity session demonstrating leadership skills such as communication, observation and group management
- Be equipped to lead activity sessions in a wide range of locations including local clubs, community groups, workplaces, community centres and sports’ clubs
What is Active Leadership?
- Leadership skills
- Safety and injury prevention
- Planning and organising
- Signposting – opportunities for further development and training
Practical Activities - (Warm ups, Energisers, Main Activities, Cool Downs) (All Games based Activities)
Cost: The Active Leadership course costs €30 per participant (This includes all course material, manuals and workbooks)
Public Courses are held from time to time so please click here Courses & Events Calendar