Return to Sport Investment Scheme
*** PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS SCHEME IS CURRENTLY CLOSED FOR APPLICATIONS***
The 2022 Mayo Sports Investment Scheme is now open for applications with a closing date of Friday 6th May 2022. This is the only investment scheme the Partnership operates on an annual basis and is overseen by the committee. Please keep an eye on our Facebook page or on this site for updates
Each year Mayo Sports Partnership assists sports groups/organisations financially in projects whose main aim is to increase participation in sports and activities. The Special Participation Initiative Investment Scheme is aimed at encouraging clubs and organisations to introduce new additional projects which aim to increase participation in, and opportunities for, physical activity.
Eligible Project may include:
- Introduction of new sports projects/initiatives for target groups where opportunities do not already exist, e.g; Youth at Risk, disadvantaged communities, women, travellers, unemployed, ethnic minorities
- Special projects/initiatives that cater for people with disabilities.
- Projects which reflect a wide geographical spread.
- Projects which provide for a significant number of participants
- Outdoor education/water sport projects for young people from disadvantaged backgrounds.
- New initiatives/sports clubs promoting participation in sport and physical activity by groups with low participation rates.
- Walking / jogging / cycling Meet and Train Groups which target the adult population and have a social connectedness element to the programme
Ineligible Projects will include:
- Capital / Building Projects
- Day-to-Day club running costs (eg. transport, insurance etc)
- Annual venue hire or rent expenses
- Initiatives which are not additional to existing activities, e.g; Club U-14 / U-16 Teams etc
- Purchase of prizes
- Applications from profit groups/commercial organisations
- Applications from individuals (applications must be made by a club/organisation)
- Sports clubs not affiliated to their relevant National Governing Body (NGB)
- Applications from Statutory Agencies, Pre-schools or Primary/Secondary Schools
- Older Peoples groups, etc (please refer to Go For Life scheme)
Please note that priority will be made to applications from Sports Clubs / groups
The Mayo Sports Partnership board will decide on all successful applications and its recommendations are final.