Special Participation Initiative Investment Scheme
The 2020 Mayo Sports Investment Scheme is now open for applications. This is the only investment scheme the Partnership operates on an annual basis and is overseen by the board. Please keep an eye on our Facebook page or on this site for updates
Each year Mayo Sports Partnership assists sports groups/organisations financially in projects whose main aim is to increase participation in sports and activities. The Special Participation Initiative Investment Scheme is aimed at encouraging clubs and organisations to introduce new additional projects which aim to increase participation in, and opportunities for, physical activity.
We would ask you to please read very carefully the application guidelines before completing and to include all required documentation (Application form, Club Constitution and Bank Statements) when applying.
Eligible Project may include:
- Introduction of new sports projects/initiatives for target groups where opportunities do not already exist, e.g; Youth at Risk, disadvantaged communities, women, travellers, unemployed, ethnic minorities
- Special projects/initiatives that cater for people with disabilities.
- Projects which reflect a wide geographical spread.
- Projects which provide for a significant number of participants
- Outdoor education/water sport projects for young people from disadvantaged backgrounds.
- New initiatives/sports clubs promoting participation in sport and physical activity by groups with low participation rates.
- Walking / jogging / cycling Meet and Train Groups which target the adult population and have a social connectedness element to the programme
Ineligible Projects will include:
- Capital / Building Projects
- Day-to-Day club running costs (eg. transport, insurance etc)
- Annual venue hire or rent expenses
- Initiatives which are not additional to existing activities, e.g; Club U-14 / U-16 Teams etc
- Purchase of prizes
- Applications from profit groups/commercial organisations
- Applications from individuals (applications must be made by a club/organisation)
- Sports clubs not affiliated to their relevant National Governing Body (NGB)
- Applications from Statutory Agencies, Pre-schools or Primary/Secondary Schools
- Older Peoples groups, etc (please refer to Go For Life scheme)
The maximum which can be allocated to any one project is €1,000 and this is dependent on the quality of the initiative.
Please note that priority will be made to applications from Sports Clubs / groups
The Mayo Sports Partnership board will decide on all successful applications and its recommendations are final.