Skip to main content

Housing Services

Homeless Support 

Accommodation Options for Homeless People 

If you are homeless, rough sleeping or at risk of becoming homeless you need to present to the Housing Office in your Municipal District between the hours of 9am and 5pm (closed for lunch 1-2pm). 

Should you require assistance outside of these hours please present at your local Garda Station. 

When presenting at your local housing office you will require photo identification – public service card, drivers licence or passport. You will also need to provide proof of your current income/social welfare payment – payslip from employer or Post Office. 

Tenancy Sustainment Officer 

Mayo County Council provides tenancy sustainment support through their Tenancy Sustainment Officer. 

If you are a tenant at risk of losing your tenancy or a homeowner at risk of losing your home, please contact the Tenancy Sustainment Officer on 094 9064730.

Back to top