The route corridors shown on this map are for general location purposes only. They are approximate and do not represent the actual design.
The proposed development is approx. 4.8km in overall length and includes the following:
- Segregated footpaths and one way cycle facilities on both sides of the N60 and R373 within the 60km/h zone;
- Shared pedestrian/cycle facilities corridor on one side of the N60 within the 80 km/h zone;
- Provision of periodic 60km/h zone at school drop-off and pick-up times at Breaffy village;
- Elimination of hard shoulder parking at Breaffy village; and
- Provision of a new pedestrian crossing and two bus bays at Breaffy village.
N60 Breaffy Active Travel & Safety Measures Scheme, Public Information Event
A public information event will be held in Breaffy House Hotel from 2:00pm to 6:00pm on Tuesday 18th of October 2022, where plans and particulars of the proposed development will be on display.
In addition to the public event, the plans and particulars will be available for viewing on the online consultation portal https://consult.mayo.ie and also for inspection or purchase from Wednesday 28th September 2022 until Wednesday 9th November 2022 at the following locations:
The Planning Office, Áras an Chontae, The Mall, Castlebar, Co. Mayo F23 WF90
The National Roads Office, Glenpark House, The Mall, Castlebar, Co. Mayo F23 XF40
Current Project Phase
The project is currently at Phase 4 (Statutory Process) of the TII Project Management Guidelines.