Terms & Conditions of Membership
(These Terms and Conditions are subject to change without notice.)
Registered members* of Mayo Library Service must abide by the following terms and conditions:
- Members agree to take good care of all library materials borrowed and, with the exception of children's material, agree to reimburse Mayo Library Service for the cost of any loss or damage to these materials.
- Members agree to pay promptly any charges associated with the use of library facilities, materials and services.
- Parents and legal guardians are responsible for their children's selections and use of library materials and services, including access to the internet and children’s behaviour on library premises.
- Members are required to advise library staff, as soon as possible, of any changes in membership details or loss of library card.
- Patrons are required to bring their library card with them when visiting the library as it is needed in order to borrow items or use the computer facilities. If you do not have the card with you, you will be required to show some photographic ID before you can borrow an item or use the computer facilities.
- Members may be issued with a PIN and/or password to access online services. Members must ensure that the PIN/password is not shared with anyone else, written on a library card or anywhere that would compromise the security of the PIN/password.
- Members must at all times observe Mayo County Councils Customer Care Charter while using the library facilities and obey the lawful direction of library staff.
- Members must comply with the conditions of the Copyright and Related Rights Act 2000.