Local Authority Home Loan
The Local Authority Home Loan (LAHL) is available for people who are unable to obtain sufficient funding from commercial banks to purchase or build a home. The loan can be used both for new and second-hand properties, or to self-build. Full details of the Local Authority Home Loan, including eligibility criteria, can be found at localauthorityhomeloan.ie/
How to apply
Applicants must complete a Local Authority Home Loan application form and return it to any Mayo County Council office. The Local Authority Home Loan application form is available here
Mortgage Protection Policy Documents and Application forms are available at Cornmarket.ie
Enquiries on the LAHL can be made at any of Mayo County Council offices.
Loans are available for the reconstruction, repair and improvement of houses:
• The property must be currently habitable and must be the applicant’s primary place of residence.
• The property must be suitable for reconstruction, repair and improvement.
• Income Limits: In the case of a sole applicant the gross annual income should not exceed €50,000.00 and for a joint application €75,000.00
• The amount of the loan cannot exceed €38,000.00
• A variable interest rate applies
An application form for a loan for reconstruction, repair of improvement of a dwelling is available to download here.