Mayo's Age Friendly Alliance
The key contributors to the Age Friendly Programme are the Age Friendly Alliance and Mayo Older Peoples Council.
Our Age Friendly Alliance brings together older people, service providers and businesses to change thinking about aging and how services to our older people are planned and delivered.
Along with the Chief Executive of Mayo County Council members include:
- An Garda Síochána
- Mayo’s Older Persons Council Mayo Sports Partnership, Mayo Public Participation Network
- Mayo Sligo Leitrim Education Training Board
- Department of Social Protection
- Mayo Volunteer Centre
- Castlebar Voluntary Social Services Centre
- Family Resources Centre’s
- Local Link
- Housing, Mayo County Council
The Alliance oversees the implementation of our Age Friendly Strategy, a five-year plan which sets out actions that provide a vision for a county where our older people are supported, connected and valued for their contribution to community and family life. Developed in consultation with our older people, the 2022 – 2026 strategy was launched in June 2022 by Cathaoirleach, Cllr. Michael Smyth in Castlebar Library; a library which has also been awarded as Age Friendly.