Collanmore Island – Private Island Adventure
Collanmore is a private and unique island in Clew Bay, only 12 minutes from Westport. It is overlooked by the majestic Croagh Patrick and is located in an area of outstanding beauty.
Top 10 things to do on Collanmore Island
- Speed & style, there’s no better way to arrive at Collanmore Island! Access to this private island is by way of a high-speed rib from a new state of the art pontoon at Rosmoney Pier.
- Collanmore Island Lodge offers luxurious accommodation for up to 22 people, with a fully equipped modern kitchen, a lounge with superb views, a private bar, a 9-person hot tub, a sauna, seaweed baths, and a steam room!
- Right outside your front door, you can enjoy dozens of watersports, including swimming, sailing, kayaking, snorkelling, stand-up-paddling (SUP), water-skiing, as well as fun & games in your own Sea Water Park, which has water trampolines, slides and runners!
- Catch & cook your own fish with a BBQ in the beautiful landscaped gardens and take a stroll around the grounds, with incredible views of the bay. Or enjoy a fully-catered meal in the lodge, cooked by your own private chef.
- Located just metres from the Lodge is your own private beach – and there are other secret beaches on the island to discover!
- Visit the amazing seal colony at nearby Inis Gort Lighthouse, which was built in the 1800s.
- Island-Hopping: grab a boat and explore as many of Clew Bay’s other 354 islands as you like!
- Access to Westport town is easy – a great destination for restaurants, shops, pubs and cafés!
- Collanmore Island is a true retreat, surrounded by wildlife, peace and beauty – relax and enjoy the solitude.
- Enjoy a tour of Clew Bay and its islands, and hear the fascinating stories of Granuaile, the famous Pirate Queen.