The launch of the National Database of Sport & Recreation Amenities is here!
Sport Ireland have launched the new National Digital Database for sport & recreation amenities across Ireland. This new website, www.getirelandactive.ie , is a single online hub for all outdoor recreation, and is a huge step towards providing accessible information for anyone who wants to experience Ireland’s outdoor spaces. While Mayo is prominently featured on the database its important to note that it is still a work in progress with some governing bodies yet to add the detail of their sport to the site.
The database will include up-to-date, accurate information on opportunities to be active in Ireland, including;
- Sports & Recreation sites: Pitches, Pools, Gyms, and Studios; regional Clubs, Groups and Teams; and Surfing, Paddling & Swimming Spots
- Public Places like: Parks & Green Spaces; Beaches & Forests; National Parks & Nature Reserves; Playgrounds & Skate Parks
- Trails such as: Walking routes; Cycling Trails & Lanes; Horse Riding Trails and Bridleways; Paddling Trails; Greenways & Blueways
- Amenities & Information including: Parking; Toilets & Showers; Accessibility; Opening Hours, and more!
This innovative and hugely important project will bring deep and wide-ranging benefits for individuals, communities and stakeholders alike.– Una May, CEO Sport Ireland
Everyone will be able to find suitable opportunities to be active through the easy-to-use, interactive hub; Get Ireland Active. Through the development of this user-friendly website and mobile app, it will be easy to find a new place to go, club to join or challenge to accept as the database grows!
Get Ireland Active has been built to give people control of their own activity journey – to help find the right activity, in the right place at the right time and at the right level to meet their needs.
It is a central registry bringing together the collective resources of Government, Sport Ireland, local authorities, state agencies, and the national governing bodies of sport to capture all sports facilities and places for people to be active in Ireland.
Features will include:
- Accurate, Up-to-Date Information
- Interactive Map Search & Detailed Filters
- Location & Directions
- Reviews from Other Users
- Photos & Videos
- Tips & Tutorials on Sports & Activities
Get Ireland Active aims to improve how sport and recreational facilities and amenities are planned and managed.
The website and app will capture information on how people throughout Ireland are getting active and using the amenities around them. As a result, Sport Ireland, Government, Local Authorities, and National Governing Bodies of Sport will have richer insights available as they look to make investment and planning decisions to meet the future needs of activity participants at all levels.
Providing a central, authoritative national database, Get Ireland Active aims to:
- Improve the lives of people in Ireland.
- Promote higher levels of physical activity.
- Improve health & wellbeing throughout the population.
- Provide suitable facilities where they are needed.
- Transform Planning, Funding & Management of Amenities.
- Improve analysis of requirements, future needs & impacts.
- Provide consistent, accurate data for evidence-based decisions.
- Promote effective collaboration between stakeholders.