The Human Resources Section is committed to supporting Mayo County Council in achieving its vision of making Mayo Sustainable, Inclusive, Prosperous and Proud.
We aim to do this by providing the highest level of service to the Council, its staff, and the public through our role in the appointment of new staff, support and motivation of exisitng staff, and a programme of ongoing training opportunities and employee assistance options.
Mayo County Council is an equal opportunities employer and the Human Resources Section facilitates this by providing assistance throughout the recruitment and employment process to all staff who may require additional support.
The Human Resources Section also handles superannuation services for retired employees.
- Recruiting new staff
- Monitoring the welfare of current staff
- Monitoring equality in the workplace
- Providing training to existing staff
- Implementation of family fiendly workplace policies
- Industrial relations
- Administration of leave
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Facilitating apprenticeships and work placements