Regulation of Lobbying Act 2015
The Regulation of Lobbying Act 2015 came into effect on 1 September 2015. It provides that certain people who are carrying on lobbying activities must register with the Standards in Public Office Commission and must provide information about their lobbying activities.
The Register of Lobbying will be maintained by the Standards in Public Office Commission and will be publicly accessible at www.lobbying.ie
The Register of Lobbying will include information about:
- Who is lobbying?
- On whose behalf is lobbying being carried out?
- The issues involved in the lobbying
- What is the intended result of the lobbying?
- Who is being lobbied?
Designated Public Officials:
The person being lobbied is a designated public official.
- Ministers and Ministers of State
- TDs and Senators
- MEPs for constituencies in this State
- Members of Local Authorities. The elected members of Mayo County Council can be viewed by clicking here
- Special Advisers
- Secretaries General and Assistant Secretaries in the Civil Service
- Chief Executive Officers and Directors of Services in Local Authorities. The Senior Management Team of Mayo County Council can be viewed by clicking here
More information on the Regulation of Lobbying Act 2015 can be found at www.lobbying.ie