Mayo Food & Drink Strategy 2020-2025
The manufacture of food and drink products is Ireland’s most important indigenous industry with a turnover of €27.5 billion. Our food and drink sector is vibrant and growing. To help sustain this growth the Mayo Food & Drink Strategy 2025 lays out a road map for development of these two important sectors, providing clear direction and identifying opportunities for growth, underpinned by Innovation and Sustainable actions that will allow Mayo to enhance its reputation as a food destination of choice for years to come.
The Mayo Food & Drink Strategy identifies the following priority areas for attention and the actions and supports needed to develop the priorities identified have been addressed through a comprehensive action plan:
1. Growth of the Mayo Food and Drink sector
- Increase the number of pre-start-ups and start-ups; grow and sustain existing food & drinks producers
- Improve the visibility of Mayo Food & Drink producers through support for a Mayo Food & Drinks Producers Network
2. Develop Mayo Food & Drink Tourism
3. Combine Tradition and Heritage with Innovation and Sustainability
4. Providing support in response to the challenges posed by Brexit and COVID-19
This strategy is the result of a collaboration between South West Mayo Development Company and Local Enterprise Office Mayo with the support of a Steering Committee comprised of key agencies and representatives of the food and drink sector in Mayo. Funding to prepare the strategy was provided by the Mayo LEADER Local Action Group under the LEADER Food Initiative.
Click here to download the Mayo Food & Drink Strategy 2020 -2025