Run up to Christmas Challenge with Mayo Sports Partnership
The governments “Keep Well” campaign is aimed at showing people of all ages how we can mind our own physical and mental health and wellbeing by adding healthy and helpful habits to our daily and weekly routines. It will provide guidelines, information, and tips on things that will help us keep well through the coming months.
Now more than ever with working from home and less social interaction we need to motivate ourselves to keep active daily, this is about looking after yourself, it’s as simple as that.
One of the “Keep Well” campaign strands is to keep active, even during the winter, is important to help physical and mental health and wellbeing. Mayo Sports Partnership have come up with a challenge to keep you active during the Winter months.
Who can take part?
Everyone! The challenge is open to anyone who can walk 1k a day!
How do you do it?
“You have from November 6th to December 25th – 50 days” to walk, Jog or run to reach a milestone and achieve your goal. we have 5 milestones for you to target to make your goals more achievable
- 50k – 1k a day
- 100k – 2k a day
- 150k – 3k a day
- 200k – 4k a day
OR 600,000 Steps for the 50 days = 12,000 steps a day = 10k a day!
Remember these can be broken up into any distance per day/week for e.g. 20k a week over the 6 weeks = 120km = Milestone 2 100k .
- Set a goal to be physically active 4/5 days per week.
- Pick one of our milestones to reach by the end of the 50 days.
- Register for the challenge on Eventbrite https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/run-upto-christmas-tickets-128242084527
- Register with Mayo Sports Partnership on Strava (Not essential).
- Screenshot your weekly total for November and December and submit to Deirdre at firstname.lastname@example.org to be in with a chance of winning lots of prizes.
Every participant who completes the challenge will receive a specially commissioned medal. Additionally we will have Elvery Sports Vouchers or other prizes for category winners which will be decided by Mayo Sports Partnership staff. To contact Mayo Sports Partnership about the initiative phone 094-9064360 or email email@example.com