Draft Mayo County Development Plan 2021-2027
The draft Mayo County Development Plan 2021 – 2027 is at the public consultation phase. The draft plan is available to view at consult.mayo.ie
Or click on the links to the various documents below
Stage Two – Draft Stage of the plan making process.
The pre-draft Mayo County Development Plan 2021-2027 was agreed to be the Draft Mayo County Development Plan 2021-2027 on December 14th 2020.
The draft plan comprises the following:
Volume 3: Book of Maps
Interactive Map (Land Use Zonings, Flood Mapping, NIAH Historic Buildings, National Monuments & NPWS Sites)
Volume 4: Supporting Documentation
Volume 5 Environmental Reports
Observations or submissions regarding the Draft Mayo County Development Plan 2021-2027 and/or the Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) Environmental Report and/or Appropriate Assessment, and/or Strategic Flood Risk Assessment are invited from members of the public and other interested parties. An observation or submission relating to any of the aforementioned documents can be made via the following two options only:
- Registering on consult.mayo.ie where you can then make a submission on the draft chapters, topics and map sheets. You can also submit drawings of any areas relating to your submission on an interactive development plan map.
- Written observations or submissions can also be made. These should be marked ‘Draft Mayo County Development Plan 2021-2027’, and submitted to the Forward Planning Department, Mayo County Council, Áras an Chontae, The Mall, Castlebar, Co. Mayo, F23 WF90. Observations or submissions must include the full name and address of the person(s) making the submission and where relevant, the body or organisation represented
Please note that observations or submissions will be made public on the website and at the Offices of the Planning Department.
Children or groups or associations representing children are entitled and encouraged to make observations or submissions.
Please note submissions or observations that are emailed cannot be considered and will be returned.
Observations or submissions must be received by 4.00pm on Tuesday 16th March 2021. Late submissions will not be accepted.
Copies of the Draft Plan are available for purchase from the Forward Planning Department, Mayo County Council, Áras an Chontae, The Mall, Castlebar, Co. Mayo, F23 WF90 or contacting the Forward Planning Team on 094-9064000.
The personal information (data) collected during the consultation process (which may include the collection of sensitive personal data) is collected for the purpose of receiving and dealing with submissions and any data collected is subject to Mayo County Council’s privacy statement which can be found at mayo.ie/privacy
Stage 1 Pre-Draft
Public Consultation Issues Paper
A Public Consultation Issues Paper was prepared and issued in April 2018, which and was intended to stimulate discussion and to encourage your involvement at this early stage in the process so as to help identify what broad planning and development matters should be considered in the new Co. Development Plan.
The Public Consultation Issues Paper can be viewed here
Please note submissions are now closed for the PreDraft Stage
Please click here to see written submissions or observations at Pre Draft Stage
Please click here to see the Chief Executive's Report regarding submissions received
The review process of the 2014-2020 Mayo County Development Plan was paused on 19th June 2018, pending publication of the Regional, Spatial & Economic Strategy (RSES). The process recommenced on the 29th January, 2020 following the publication of the RSES for the Northern & Western Region.
Please click here to see the Privacy Statement for the County Development Plan Process.
- Published: 20/01/2021 CE-s-Report-on-pre-draft-submissions-MCDP2021-2027.pdf (2.58 MB)
- Published: 20/01/2021 Consultation-Paper-and-Issues.pdf (550.47 KB)
- Published: 20/01/2021 Mayo-Portal-Image-Draft-Development-Plan-2021-2027-(1).jpg (2.42 MB)
- Published: 20/01/2021 Mayo-Portal-Image-Draft-Development-Plan-2021-2027.jpg (2.42 MB)
- Published: 20/01/2021 MCDP-Pre-draft-original-submissions-(redacted).pdf (7.76 MB)