Community Engagement Covid-19 Response Map
Posted in Connect on March 16, 2020.
As the reality of our new way of life unfolds, many people and communities are coming together to help the most vulnerable deal with the upheaval to their daily lives. Mayo County Council’s Community Engagement Section has developed an interactive map which represents volunteer groups and other relevant services that are on-call for those who need them most.
Services include collecting groceries, prescriptions and medication, Meals-on-Wheels, assistance with errands, support on entitlements and the offer of a helping hand or a friendly voice at the end of the phone.
Each thumbnail represents community group or organisation with contact information and services available at present.
There is a search bar where you can type your location or type of service that you need. It will help declutter the pins on the map, in which you can zoom in and out.
If you want to be included on the map, contact us with the name of your community group, contact name and phone/email details, the services you wish to provide, and what areas you wish to cover.
Liam Hanrahan, Head of Community Engagement – firstname.lastname@example.org
Anne Ronayne, Admin Officer, Community Engagement aronayne@MayoCoCo.ie
Mary Costello, PPN Coordinator email@example.com
- The Map is for community/volunteer/sporting organisations etc who are working together locally.
- If you are an individual who wishes to volunteer, please contact the groups on the map or the Mayo Volunteer Centre (Telephone (096) 71444 | email firstname.lastname@example.org)
Please see the below list of support services and volunteer opportunities available throughout Mayo that will work to assist elderly/isolated/vulnerable members of our communities. If you know of a group that can be added to this list please feel free to get in touch through Mayo County Council & Mayo.ie Social Media channels or by emailing email@example.com
- Mayo LGFA are ready, willing & able to help looking after the most vulnerable members in our community. Their squad and kitvan are available for deliveries or to help in any way. You can get in touch by sending a private message on their Facebook and Twitter pages
- Neart Acla are here to help. If you find yourself in need of assistance in the next couple of weeks let them know on Tel: 086 8544853 email firstname.lastname@example.org or by on their Facebook page. A community driven group and committee are available to do grocery shopping or medicinal runs for you or even if you find yourself stuck, confined or isolated in your own home we can even just arrange a daily phone call to keep in touch with you. If you live away and your parents or family members are here alone get in touch and we will help them out as much as possible day or night.
- William Barret Coach Hire is offering to bring Health Care Workers, particularly those who may have worked/will work long shifts, to/from work for Free. Contact 087 7009292.
- Belmullet GAA are advising that if anyone needs items such as groceries/medicines/essentials collected, you can contact the club on 086 8031099, 087 9823553 or 089 4889586
- Order of Malta Belmullet/Erris are advising that you should get in touch if you know of anyone that may have difficulty getting food/medicine/household essentials, they will assist in collecting these items on your behalf. Call 087 7011540
- Mocha Beans Ballina will now be offering a delivery service to the elderly who may not be able to get out with the current Coronavirus outbreak. They will be offering a special offer of a sandwich and a cup of soup for €5 to any of our elderly customers in the Ballina region. If they also need anything else picked up for them they would be more than happy to help out. Contact 096-75783
- The Ballina Costume Company are offering to collect food, prescriptions etc for those who are vulnerable or need to self isolate or have underlying illness who don’t want to go out please phone 0868517302 / 09672154 https://www.facebook.com/ballinacostumecompany
- Ballina Chambers office is open should people need a point of contact, both for business community and community at large. Their number is 096 72800
- Moy Valley Over 55 Club Drop in centre for the elderly in Ballina and the surrounding area and while they’re close at the moment they’re still offering a service to the elderly, isolated and vulnerable members in the community. They are available to do grocery shopping or collect prescriptions for those who are in need of support or who have to self-isolate. They are available by phone for those who just want to have a chat & can arrange a daily phone call just to keep in touch. You can contact them on 087-2785365 or email email@example.com for further information see their Facebook page Over 55’s Club.
- In Ballinrobe, They have a coronavirus steering committee that includes people from Tacu Family Resource, Maple Youth Centre, St Vincent de Paul, An Garda Siochána, Believe in Ballinrobe, a local pharmacist, local business and community-minded people. Ballinrobe Helplines: 087 285 9973 / 087 4111 343 (call or text)
- Believe in Ballinrobe are creating a Help & Support Group to help advise support options that are available in the local area. They would also like local club/group members to volunteer where possible. Further information on their Facebook page
- Ballycastle community will be starting a collect and deliver service for anyone unable to visit shops at this time, Starting from 9am until 4:30pm from March 16 until further notice.
- John Burkes (0838178446) and McNamee XL (0894255834) call either number, place your order and the shops will contact the volunteers who will deliver to your door.
- Phillips Menswear & Phillips Shoes Ballyhaunis are offering to collect food, prescriptions, fuel etc for those who are isolated, vulnerable, have underlying illness or needs self isolate. Please Phone Michael 0862594689
- Bofeenaun ~ Lahardane Community Alert group are available to collect prescriptions / messages for the elderly or vulnerable in the Bofeenaun / Lahardane areas. Contact Ann McNeely / Chris Stark / Joe Syron / Mary Finnerty / Thomas Harte or Enda Coyne on 086-088-6008
- Barrett’s of Lahardane (096-51012) & Coynes of Bofeenaun (096-51050) are available for home deliveries also to those housebound
- Danolla’s Diner & Takeaway are offering a free delivery service for OAP’s. Where possible they will also pick up other items such as from pharmacy/butchers. Call 094 9029900. They are also offering one free meal per ID card for frontline HSE staff.
- Moran’s Artisan Butcher in Belcarra is offering a free home delivery service. They take all cards for payments & we will drop your orders to your door and send a text to say order has delivered. Phone Fiachra 094 9032029 or 087 2686721
- Order of Malta Castlebar are advising that you should get in touch if you know of anyone that may have difficulty getting food/medicine/household essentials, they will assist in collecting these items on your behalf. Available 24/7, call 087 7074514
- Castlebar Community Sports Project, consisting of the Castlebar Mitchels, Castlebar Celtic & Castlebar Tennis clubs, are calling on everyone who needs assistance or can provide volunteer assistance to get in touch by dropping them a message on 086 8392753 or sending a Direct Message to their Facebook page.
- Breaffy GAA Club have advised that members of club & community have offered assistance or aid to anyone within our community who are older, vulnerable or isolated. If you know of anybody (friends/relatives etc) and would like to get in touch yourself please contact Club Secretary Celia on 086 0873215, contact any member of the Club Executive or Community Council Committee or alternatively send a direct message to their Facebook page or Twitter account.
- Charlestown Sarsfields are advising that if anyone needs shopping collected or assistance around the house, they will be happy to help out. Contact Tom at 086 362 1580
- Claremorris LGFA are aware of the potential hardship the recent situation regarding COVID-19 May bring to our community. Please contact their Facebook page or Twitter account, if you require assistance with acquiring food, fuel and other necessities and they will be happy to help in any way they can.
- The Food Store are advising for anyone who is self-isolating, struggling with work or children at home, or would prefer not to come into the store, they would be happy to deliver your groceries to you. This includes all products from our butchery, bakery, delicatessen and shop floor. Just call them on (094) 9362091 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Crossmolina Deelrovers GAA club would like to offer assistance to the Crossmolina area. The available contacts are; Tommy Jordan; 0860513179 Michael Hegarty; 0872046722 Damian Lavin; 086264849 Peadar Gardiner; 0879845132. Available day time and evenings. Check out their Twitter and website.
Foxford Active Retirement Group continues to operate, although physical meetings cannot take place, they continue to contact one another and check-in. If you are from the area or know of someone who would like to be part of the group please contact Geraldine Brett (087) 9040463.
The *Foxford Meals on Wheels* service is also on-going supplying hot meals for people every Mon, Wed and Fri. If you know of someone who could avail of the service or requires any errands or a helping hand please contact Aoife Kelly – AoifeCKelly@gmail.com
- Kilmovee Community Centre will remain open Monday-Friday 9.30-5.30 – Meals on Wheels, Laundry, Recycling Centre, Payment of bills are all ongoing. Staff will be available to assist anyone who needs assistance over the next couple of weeks and will check in with people who visit the centre – please call 094 96 49484 if you need anything.
- Knock Community Futures are coordinating a team of local volunteers to assist the Elderly and Vulnerable in our community who are in self-isolation or are unable or fearful of leaving their homes during the coronavirus. Volunteers can assist the local Shops and Pharmacy in delivering emergency supplies (such as shopping, perscriptions, fuel, etc.) to people’s homes.
- Orders placed directly with or Heneghan’s Costcutters (094 9388209); Burke’s Shop (094 9376773), or Knock Pharmacy (094 9376968) between 10am and 4pm will be delivered the same day.
- Brickens Meals on Wheels can deliver a hot dinner to your home, phone (094) 9380910. Local Community Volunteer Service Coordinators: Sinead Mallee 087 2204296; Joe Neylon 086 2938216; Raymond Heneghan 087 2252478; Brian Murphy 087 6418714.
- Order of Malta Ireland Westport Unit are advising that you should get in touch if you know of anyone that may have difficulty getting food/medicine/household essentials in the Westport area. They will help collect these items on your behalf from the store/pharmacy. Call Jim on 087 2328503
- Martin Gill in Murrisk can assist vulnerable/elderly people in the locality. Call 087 2714651
- Grainne Uaile Triathlon Club have over 40 members, located all along Clew Bay from Achill to Murrisk, willing to volunteer whether it’s needing shopping collected or fuel delivered. Please drop them a message on their Facebook or contact them directly through Tom McL on 085 8672363 or Chris Troy on 087 2393286
- Partry Community Council would be so delighted to help anyone in this time of need… contact any member of our community council if you need something bought in the shops.. perscriptions collected.. or just in need of a hand..or maybe just a phonecall..please contact Sean,Olivia, Maura, Brendan or any member of community council or otherwise private message the Partry community council Facebook page or call 087-9574565 anytime so please dont feel u are on your own.
- Parke/Keelogues/Crimlin GAA club are offering support to our members and non- members within our communities. So if you need groceries, prescriptions picked up or help because of the current situation please contact our executive committee though phone or contact Martin McLoughlin (Chairman) on 087-6107855. The club Facebook page and Twitter page
- Straide Women’s Group is offering support to those in Straide that may need it. Maybe help with a grocery shop or a prescription collected? Or somebody to talk to or help with sources of up to date information? Any member of the Straide Womens Group, including those listed below – can be contacted and they will link with the Women’s Group to provide support: Marian Deacy, 087 906 0247, Geraldine Hynes, 0876379095, Marian Tighe, 087 135 7051, Rosa Meehan 0879883968, Kate O’Hara 087 688 3880 or Rose Flannery, , Mary McHugh, Noreen Doherty and Bernie Linguard.
- The Gateway Hotel are offering a collection service for food and will, where possible, arrange delivery. Call the hotel on 094 9252156 or Cathal on 0876412785 or email email@example.com
- ‘Kennedy’s Eurospar in Swinford are offering a collection and/or delivery service for those who cannot visit the shop for their groceries. Contact Derek Kennedy on 094 9251557 or firstname.lastname@example.org with your grocery list.
- The Wyatt Hotel have launched a dinner menu for any OAP’s or members of the community who might struggle to shop during the current situation. They are offering hearty main courses such as Turkey & Ham, HotPot & Salmon, with each main course available for €6.50 each day between 12pm and 6pm. They will observe social distancing with additional space between tables.
- Order of Malta Ireland Westport Unit are advising that you should get in touch if you know of anyone that may have difficulty getting food/medicine/household essentials in the Westport area. They will help collect these items on your behalf from the store/pharmacy. Call Bernie on 087 2062571.
- Aughagower Community Council are offering help to anyone in the community needing help such as collecting groceries/medicine etc. Please feel free to contact PJ 086 4095888, Mairead 087 9326850 or Marlene 086 8377538
- Westport United are in the process of setting up a volunteer group who can assist elderly/those who are isolated. If assistance is required please get in touch through their social media platforms. Additional volunteers are also required, if you would like to volunteer, please contact email@example.com
- Westport Family and Community Resource Centre are coordinating a volunteer team to ensure people who are isolated can access food & medicine. If you need essential supplies please call 086 1457293 and they will arrange for a pick-up/delivery to ensure you have what you need.
- Westport Meals On Wheels are avaiable for anyone who needs a delivery. Call 098 25669 from Monday to Friday between 9am & 1pm to arrange. Meals are €5 for homemade soup, dinner & dessert.
- Cllr. Brendan Mulroy will be updating his Facebook page with support services available. If you need to contact him you can call 087 9820542 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Tags: Coronavirus, Covid 19, Mayo, Support Groups, Support Services