Traffic Notice- Westportif 2019 Cycling Event
Posted in Connect on May 9, 2019.
The Westportif Leisure Cycle 2019 takes place on Saturday May 11th. The organising committee would like to make authorities, road users and local communities aware of potential disruption to roads because of the cycle event.
With over 500 people traveling from all over the country to participate, traffic will be busy particularly on the day of the race, in Westport Town.
On Saturday 11th, the participants will be signing on for the event from 7.30am to 9.00am at the Towers Bar, The Quay, Westport, Co. Mayo with the cyclist heading off from there from 9.30am.
The Quays area of Westport will be busy with participants & bikes from 8am to 9.30am area before departing for Louisburgh on the R335 to Ashleigh Falls.
The cycle will then spilt with the 80k route going North onto the N59 to Westport and the 120/160k routes turning South for Leenane and Innagh Valley R334 joining the N59 at Recess via Maam Cross R336. See map below for more details.
The return journey will see cyclist on the R300 to Tourmakeady with the final few kilometres on the Cordarragh – Lankill rd via the N59 at Westport.
The majority of the participants will be off the roads by 4pm.
The Westportif Event Village will be at the Towers Bar and will be busy from 2-8pm.
N.B. The Westportif Cycle is not a closed road event. Cyclists are obliged to adhere to the normal rules of the road.
The Westportif committee thank all road users for their patience and apologise for any delays caused.
Please remember to give cyclists 1.5m when over taking.
Sign on locations for the event are:
- Friday 10th May: 4pm-7pm & Saturday 11th Mayat The Towers Bar, Westport from 7.30am – 9am for 80/120/160k
Note: All cycles will start from The Towers Bar in Westport town with each route starting at different times.
Westportif Start Times:
- The 160/120/80km cycle starts at 9.30am.
Estimated time that the cycle will be passing through the following areas:
- Murrisk from 9.45am to 10:15am
- Louisburgh From 10.00am to 10:45am
- Delphi from 10: 45 to 11:30am
- Ashleigh Falls 11:30 to 12:30pm
- Carrowkennedy 12.30- 1:30pm
- 80K route back to Westport via Quay St, James St – Finish 12:30-2pm
- Leenane 11:15am- 12:30pm
- Kylemore Jnt to Innagh Valley 11:30- 12:45pm
- Innagh Valley onto N59 to Recess 12 to 1:15pm
- Maam Cross 12:20 to 1.45pm
- Maam 12:30 to 2pm
- 120k route @ Kilmilkin JNT 11:30 to 2.30pm
- Finny Jnt 11:45 to 2:45pm
- Tourmakeady 12:15pm to 3:15pm
- Cordarrgh crossroads 12:45 to 3:45pm
- Lankill to N59 via Quay St 1pm to 4:30pm
- Last cyclist from 160k route expected home at 5pm