Six Mayo County Council projects nominated for prestigious LAMA Awards
Posted in Connect on February 7, 2020.
Mayo County Council are hoping for a clean sweep at the 2020 Local Authorities Members Association (LAMA) Awards with six projects nominated across a range of categories.
Community representatives and representatives of Mayo County Council will join together at Croke Park on Saturday, February 15, at the All-Ireland Community and Council Awards.
These national awards, presented by LAMA, and IPB Insurance highlight and celebrate community and councils working together in our communities, bringing national recognition to novel and progressive projects and developments that may otherwise go unacknowledged.
Six projects from the county have been shortlisted;
• Mayo Autism Camp, in the Best Disability Access & Inclusion Initiative.
• Westival, in Best Arts/Culture
• Mayo.ie Connecting with our Communities, in Best Connected Council (Communications and Digital Marketing)
• Protecting the Great Yellow Bumblebee – An Awareness and Conservation Initiative, in Best environmental/Ecological Project/Initative
• An Cnoc Mór Housing Scheme – Creating a New Streetscape, Best Social Housing Initiative
• Pat Fahy, Westport Tidy Towns, Community Volunteer of the Year
Chief Executive of Mayo County Council, Peter Hynes, acknowledged the great work done by those shortlisted; “I would like to acknowledge all of the projects that were submitted for this competition, in particular the six projects that have been named as finalists from Mayo.
“Significant work takes place all around this county where Mayo County Council and communities come together to deliver on new and novel initiatives that benefit all who live in our county and it is great to see so many from the county shortlisted for success once again this year”.
Cathaoirleach of Mayo County Council, Cllr Brendan Mulroy, also congratulated those nominated; “A well-deserved congratulations to the six projects nominated for this year’s LAMA Awards. They all deserve the recognition and hopefully will be successful on Saturday night.
“Following the Council of the Year win in 2018 and two awards last year, it’s a fantastic achievement for Mayo projects to continue to do so well and bring success and recognition to the county on a national stage.”Tags: LAMA Awards 2020, Mayo County Council