‘Keep Well During Covid-19’ Launches On Mayo.ie
Mayo.ie has recently launched www.mayo.ie/keepwell as part of a national “Keep Well” campaign. Aimed at showing people how we can mind our own physical and mental wellbeing by adding healthy and helpful habits to our daily and weekly routines, during Covid-19 lockdown.
The #keepwell campaign provides guidelines, information, and tips on things that will help you no matter what your age or disposition, to keep well through the coming months.
The campaign focuses on five main themes:
Keeping active - keeping active and being outdoors, even during the winter, is important to help physical and mental health and wellbeing:
- WALKING Build movement breaks in to your daily routine even in small spaces, e.g. jogging on the spot or some stretching.
- MOVING Create your own circuit workout at home - no equipment needed, just a little willpower
- RELAXING Meditation and deep breaths can help you remain calm.
- SCHEDULE Set an alarm on your phone to #BeActive
- GO ONLINE! Follow an online exercise class at Lough Lannagh’s YouTube Channel, which is free for everyone.
- PLAY! Play games and activities with your family. Many of these can be found online such as GoNoodle, and require little to no equipment. Activities can be adapted to suit people of all ages and abilities
Keeping in Contact: It’s so important to keep connected with family, friends and the local community at this time. If you find it hard to connect with someone reach out for support. Here are some numbers and sites which can help you to get more connected.
The Mayo COVID19 Community Response Forum has a dedicated helpline to assist at risk members of the public in accessing non-emergency and non-medical supports and advice during the current public health emergency. The Covid Helpline hours are now extended and will operate from 8am to 8pm – 7 days a week. Phone: (094) 9064660 Email: email@example.com
Eating well - by nourishing our bodies and minds, we can develop a better connection between the food we eat and how we feel and positively impact our physical and mental wellbeing.
Switching off and being creative - switching off and being creative or learning something new, getting back to nature and finding ways to relax can help our general wellbeing.
Minding your mood – equipping people with information on where to go if they need support. This will also be linked with the local community helpline to ensure that people can access the support they need.
Local resources -
Some of the local 'Keep Well' initiatives underway in Mayo include:
All of the themes outlined above are discussed in further detail at www.mayo.ie/keepwell