Storm Barra Update
Wednesday December 8th 8.15am
- Trees/bushes down at present in the following areas in around Ballina -> Beleek Road at entrance to castle, Downhill Rd, Glenree Bonniconlon, Fotish Crossmolina, Parmerstown/Kilcummin, Glen Road Ballycastle, Lake Road Crossmolins. Crews en route
Wednesday December 8th 7.30am
- The R346 to Lisloughry pier, Cong is partially blocked by a tree -> MCC Crews on site
- The L1612 Ballinrobe to Clonbur Road at Killour has been cleared
Tuesday December 7th 10.45pm
- The R312 Castlebar to Belmullet Road has reopened to traffic at Glenisland. Please proceed with caution.
Tuesday December 7th 9.25pm
- Tree down on local road at Umoon, Foxford. Road half closed with cones on closed lane
Tree blocking L1612 Road between Ballinrobe and Clonbur at Killour -> MCC crews to attend when safe to do so- Cleared
Tuesday December 7th 8.45pm
Tuesday December 7th 8.30pm
- MCC Crews are dealing with trees down in the following locations: Knockmore, Coneal Killala and Glenree Ballycastle
- R312 Castlebar to Belmullet blocked at Glenisland Church and Glenisland burial ground - Crews en route shortly
- Tree down blocking the L1717 Parke Road, north of Parke village
- N58 outside Foxford has been cleared
Tuesday December 7th 7.55pm
Two trees down on N58 - Crews on site- Cleared
- Two trees down on N60 outside Claremorris - Crews en route
- Tree down at Station Rd, Ballindine
- Tree down on road to sewerage treatment plant near Crossboyne
- Tree down and local tertiary road blocked at Redhill, Logboy
Tuesday December 7th 7.00pm
- Eir pole overhanging the Claremorris Road 1KM outside of Ballinrobe - MCC Crews en route
Tree blocking the Clonbur Road outside of Ballinrobe - MCC Crew on site -Cleared
Tuesday December 7th 9.30am
- Trees down on the L1610 at Pollbaun and Thomas Town -> Council crews en route
Tuesday December 7th 8.45am
- Tree down on Bahra Road, Booniconlon
- Tree down on Kiltimagh-Bohola Road
- Tree down at R331 at Lehinch - MCC Crews en route
- Tree down on L53491 Road Ardhoom, Meelick, Swinford
- Road flooded at Saula, Achill - Passable with Care
Met Eireann has issued a status Orange Warning for Wind and Flooding for Mayo from 6.00am on Tuesday, 7th December until 6.00am on Wednesday 8th December, due to Storm Barra.
Winds will reach mean speeds of 65 to 80 km/hr with severe or damaging gusts of up to 130 km/hr.
Disruption to power and travel are likely.
High waves, high tides, heavy rain and storm surge may lead to wave overtopping and a strong possibility of coastal flooding.
Mayo County Council is advising members of the public to exercise caution, particularly in coastal areas.
Road users should be vigilant for fallen trees and debris on roads over the coming days as well as the possibility of localised flooding.
Homeowners and business owners are advised that garden and outdoor dining furniture should be taken indoors or securely tied down.
Mayo County Council will continue to monitor the weather situation throughout the period. Please check with Met Eireann for Updates.