Restart Grant Plus Calling all Mayo Businesses
Restart Grant Plus Scheme’s deadline is this Saturday, 31st October
Mayo County Council is pleased to report that the uptake of the Restart Grant Plus that it administers on behalf of the Department of Enterprise, Trade and Employment, has been strong to date, but only days remain before it closes.
Almost two thousand (1,928) Mayo businesses have received funds from the Restart Grant and the Restart Grant Plus, to a total value of €15 million; time is now ticking for the remaining eligible businesses to take-up this funding opportunity.
“We have witnessed an excellent uptake of the grant by Mayo businesses, it is a vital support during this time of harsh economic uncertainty. We encourage the remaining eligible businesses to please get in touch immediately via www.mayo.ie/restart-grant-plus or please contact your local income collector whose name and phone number can be found on the recent rate demand correspondence that you will have received.” Says John Magee, Acting Director of Services Economic & Community Development for Mayo County Council.
To qualify for the Restart Grant Plus, the important criteria are:
- A business must be commercial and in the local authority rates system (apart from non-rateable B&Bs who can apply to Fáilte Ireland)
- It must have suffered a 25% loss of expected turnover between 1 April and 30 June 2020
- It must have less than 250 employees and turnover less than €25m
- It must declare its intention to re-employ staff in receipt of the Temporary Wage Subsidy Scheme
- Businesses that have been approved for a grant under the Original Restart Scheme can apply again for a second grant by submitting a separate Declaration Form.
The Restart Grant Plus is a key part of the government’s Stimulus package, a €7.4bn suite of measures designed to stimulate a jobs-led recovery and build economic confidence while continuing to manage the impact of Covid-19.
Further details on the Restart Grant via a Frequently Asked Questions document is available below. If you have any queries, please contact us using either of the following contact methods