Proposed Facility Centre for Water Sports Activities, Keel, Achill, Co Mayo
Pursuant to the requirements of Section 177AE of the Planning and Development Act, 2000, as amended, and the requirements of the Planning and Development Regulations 2001 as amended, notice is hereby given that Mayo County Council proposes to seek approval from An Bord Pleanála to carry out a development, particulars of which are set out in the Schedule hereunder
NATURE AND EXTENT OF DEVELOPMENT
Construction of exemplar designed WC, Shower and Changing Room facility. Construction of requisite external works including provision of access ramps and steps. It will also include for the connection of all utility services to the building.
Mayo County Council, as the competent authority, has carried out a Natura Impact Statement in respect of this proposed development.
An Bord Pleanála may give approval to the application for the development with or without conditions or may refuse the application for development.
Plans and particulars of the proposed development, including a Natura Impact Statement will be available for inspection or purchase at a fee not exceeding the reasonable cost of making a copy at the following offices:
- The offices of An Bord Pleanála, 64 Marlborogh Street, Dublin 1, D01 V902
- Westport/Belmullet Municipal District Office, Westport Civic Office, Altamont St, Westport, Co. Mayo, F28 W248
- Mayo County Council Planning Office, Aras an Chontae, The Mall, Castlebar, Co Mayo F23 WF90
between the hours of 9.30am to 1.00pm and 2.00pm to 4.30pm each day during which said Offices are open for the transaction of business, for a period from Tuesday 23rd May 2023 to Friday 7th July 2023.
Plans and particulars of the above proposed development, including the Natura Impact Statement are available for viewing online at https://consult.mayo.ie from Tuesday 23rd May 2023 to Friday 7th July 2023.
Submissions or observations with respect to the proposed development may be made within the period set out above to An Bord Pleanála relating to:
- The implications of the proposed development for proper planning and sustainable development of the area in which the development would be situated;
- The likely effects on the environment of the proposed development, and;
- The likely significant effects of the proposed development on a European site, if carried out.
Submissions or observations should be made in writing to The Secretary, An Bord Pleanála, 64 Marlborough Street, Dublin 1 not later than 5.00p.m. on Friday 7th July 2023.
Mayo County Council has carried out an Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) Screening Report and has determined that there is no real likelihood of significant effects on the environment arising from the proposed development and has determined that an EIAR is not required in respect of this proposed development
Dated: 16th May 2023
Mrs Patsy McNulty,
Head of Tourism Recreation & Amenity Department,
Mayo County Council, Mayo House,