Notice of the proposal to make the Draft Castlebar Local Area Plan 2023-2029
Notice is hereby given that Mayo County Council pursuant to Section 20 of the Planning and Development Act 2000 (as amended), Article 14 A-E of the Planning & Development (Strategic Environmental Assessment) Regulations, 2004 (as amended), Article 6 of the EU Habitats Directive (92/43/EEC) and the Birds Directive (79/409/EEC) as amended, and the European Communities (Birds and Natural Habitats) Regulations, 2011 (S.I. 477) has prepared a Draft Local Area Plan (LAP), draft Local Transport Plan (LTP), a Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) Environmental Report, an Appropriate Assessment (AA) Stage 2 Natura Impact Report and also a Strategic Flood Risk Assessment (SFRA) for Castlebar.
The Draft Castlebar Local Area Plan along with the reports outlined above will be on public display and may be inspected from Tuesday 28th February 2023 to Tuesday 11th April 2023 (excluding weekends and public holidays) at the following locations:
- Planning Office, Áras an Chontae, Castlebar, Mayo, F23 WF90 (Monday-Friday 9am-5pm)
- Mayo County Library, John Moore Road, Castlebar, F23 H330 (Tuesday to Saturday 10.00am – 5.00pm (closed Sunday & Monday)
All documents are also available to download from Mayo County Council’s website www.mayo.ie and https://consult.Mayo.ie/
Written submissions or observations in respect of the Draft LAP, the SEA Environmental Report, AA Natura Impact Report and Strategic Flood Risk Assessment (SFRA) for Castlebar made to the Planning Authority during such period will be taken into consideration before the Plan is adopted by Mayo County Council.
Submissions or observations should be made in writing and addressed to:
‘Draft Castlebar Local Area Plan’,
Mayo County Council,
Aras an Chontae,
Or online by visiting https://consult.Mayo.ie/
Closing Date for Submissions or Observations is Tuesday 11th April 2023 at 5pm.
Late Submissions will not be accepted.
Please send your submission/observation through one medium only, either in writing, or electronically through the consultation portal consult.mayo.ie.
In respect of making a submission or observation please note the following:
- Children or groups or associations representing the interests of children, are entitled and encouraged to make submissions or observations on the Draft LAP.
- Submissions/observations should include your name and address, a map (if required for identification purposes) and, where relevant, details of any organisation, community group or company etc., which you represent. Please be advised that in accordance with the requirements of the Planning and Development Act 2000 (as amended), all submissions/observations received will be published online in accordance with the requirements of the Planning Act. and will also form part of the statutory Chief Executive’s Report to be submitted to the full Council.
- You should ensure that no vexatious, libellous or confidential information, including confidential information relating to a third party (in respect of which the third party has not, expressly, or impliedly in the circumstances, consented to its disclosure) is included in your submission. The Planning Authority reserves the right to redact any submission or part thereof that does not comply with this requirement.
- In order to assist us in complying with Data Protection and GDPR please include your name and contact details (and where relevant, details of any organisation, community group or company etc., which you represent), on a separate sheet to the content of your submission/ observation. This processing of your personal data is lawful under Article 6 (1)(e) of the GDPR regulations. The Council’s Data Protection Policy is available on the Council website.
- Mayo County Council is subject to the provisions of the Freedom of Information (FOI) Act (as amended).
- Please note that in accordance with Section 19 of the Planning and Development (Amendment) Act, 2019 all valid submissions received by the Council shall be published on the Mayo County Council website within 10 working days of its receipt by the Council. The planning process is an open and public process and therefore your submission (in part or in total) will be available to view online at https://consult.Mayo.ie/ . All observations or submissions received during the above time period will be taken into consideration before the making of the Castlebar Local Area Plan 2023-2029.
- The personal information (data) collected during the consultation process (which may include the collection of sensitive personal data) is collected for the purpose of receiving and dealing with submissions and any data collected is subject to Mayo County Council’s privacy statement which can be found at https://www.mayo.ie/privacy
Director of Services