Run up to Christmas Challenge with Mayo Sports Partnership – is Back!!!
Due to the success of last year’s event where 1000 of you signed up !! we are rolling out our Run up to Christmas initiative again. Last year the governments “Keep Well” campaign was aimed at showing people of all ages how we can mind our own physical and mental health and wellbeing by adding healthy and helpful habits to our daily and weekly routines. It provided guidelines, information, and tips on things that has helped us keep well through the Winter of 2020, so why change that.
Now more than ever with a return to working from home and less social interaction we need to motivate ourselves to keep active daily, this is about looking after yourself, it’s as simple as that.
One of the “Keep Well” campaign strands is to keep active, even during the winter, is important to help physical and mental health and wellbeing.
Mayo Sports Partnership have come up with a challenge to keep you active during the Winter months or 2021/22
Who can take part?
Everyone! The challenge is open to anyone who can walk 1k a day!
How do you do it?
Starting Wednesday, the 1st December up to and including December 25th - 25 days!!
“You have from December 1st to December 25th to Walk, Jog, run as many KMs as you like, and we have 5 milestones for you to target to make your goals more achievable.
- 50k = 2k a day
- 75k = 3k a day
- 100k = 4k a day
- 125k = 5k a day
- OR 300,000 Steps over the 25 days = 12,000 steps a day = 10k a day!
• Set a goal to be physically active 4/5 days per week
• Pick one of our milestones to reach by the end of the 25 days
• Register for the challenge on Eventbrite :
• Register with Mayo Sports Partnership on Strava (Not essential)
• Keep a record on your record chart. Screenshot your totals at the end of the challenge and submit to Deirdre at firstname.lastname@example.org to be in with a chance of winning lots of prizes!!
Once registered, you will receive a free downloadable record chart to keep you motivated and to keep track of all those KM’s.
Every participant who completes the challenge will receive a specially commissioned medal. Additionally, we will have Elvery Sports Vouchers or other prizes for category winners which will be decided by Mayo Sports Partnership staff. To contact Mayo Sports Partnership about the initiative phone 094-9064360 or email email@example.com