Downpatrick Head is located 3 miles north of Ballycastle village standing 126ft above the sea with fantastic views of the Atlantic, the Staggs of Broadhaven and high cliffs along the shore. The small stone building at the top of Downpatrick Head is now used to view the many species of birds on 'Dún Briste'.
The ruins of a church, a holy well, and a stone cross mark the site of an earlier church founded by St. Patrick. Pilgrims visited Downpatrick Head on the last Sunday of July - 'Garland Sunday'. Mass is now celebrated on Downpatrick Head on this day. The old statue of St. Patrick was erected here in 1912 and this was replaced by a new statue in the early 1980's.