UPDATE *Storm Callum*
Posted in Connect on October 12, 2018.
STORM CALLUM – UPDATE -Friday 12th, 11.15am
– L1719 Old Turlough Rd to Castlebar is now reopen following earlier closure due to downed electrical line
– R313 Belmullet to Blacksod road temp. closed for morning high tide at 7am.
– Tree blocking one lane on N58 between Foxford and Castlebar near Ballylahan Bridge. Mayo County Council (Ireland) crews on the way to deal with it.
The effects of #StormCallum are ALSO being felt strongly in coastal areas, with some localised flooding. To ensure your safety please avoid coastal areas where possible and exercise caution when outside.
Mayo County Council (Ireland) crews are responding to incidents
– Localised flooding in Carrowholly, two stretches of local road
– Flooding on regional road from Belmullet to Blacksod in a number of locations
– Localised flooding at Quay in Westport
Where roads are flooded & impassable, Mayo County Council have closed roads and put diversions in place
Please exercise extreme caution if out on roads this today.
Further Updates as they become available