Regional Festivals & Participative Events Programme 2019
Posted in Connect on March 12, 2019.
The Regional Festivals & Participative Events Programme is aimed at supporting events which drive domestic tourism while also appealing to our best practice visitor segments. It is a competitive grant process. There is no guarantee of funding for festivals/events that achieve the minimum eligibility conditions. The fund is limited and all eligible applications will be evaluated on a competitive basis against the criteria set out in this document
To be considered for funding, applicants need to demonstrate the following:
- That the festival/event must generate a minimum of 500 visitor or tourist bednights. Participative sporting events must generate a minimum of 800 visitor or tourist bednights. In the absence of valid accommodation surveys or audience surveys, the tourism impact may be estimated by Mayo County Council.
- That the festival/event has a minimum expenditure of €10,000.
- Other criteria are set out in the programme guidelines. All applicants are encouraged to read the programme guidelines carefully before applying for funding.
Owing to their limited tourism appeal, the following categories of festival and events are ineligible for funding from this programme:
- Agricultural shows and countryside fairs.
- Circuses and carnivals.
- Christmas fairs and markets.
- Purely commercial events with limited tourism appeal.
Applicants must consult the attached guidelines when preparing their applications.
Apply directly (by post only) to: Anna Connor, Tourism Officer, Mayo County Council, Cedar House, Moneen, Castlebar, Co. Mayo.
Completed applications must be received by Mayo County Council before 5pm on Friday, March 29th 2019.
Download the 2019 Criteria and Application Forms Here:2019, Participative Events Programme, Regional Festival