Mayo Day Photo Competition
The Winner is ........ John Calvey and his dog Jet bringing home turf on Achill Island, Co Mayo, over Easter 2016.
Showing Mayo in its beauty on a bright sunny April morning in 2016.
Mayo.ie in association with Ashford Castle are delighted to announce our #MayoDay Photo Competition “Capture your Mayo Moment”
Mayo Day is a celebration of our “Mayo-ness”. This year we invite you to “Capture your Mayo Moment”
The scope can be as broad as your imagination and can include any aspect of Mayo – Capture the beautiful Scenery, Heritage & Culture. Grab those humorous and creative images, You can even produce your own video. Should art, poetry and music be more your thing, take a photo or video of your finished product and that can be your snapshot! The choice is yours.
Mayo.ie would like to encourage entries from our global Mayo community to take part in our exciting competition to be in with a chance to win this fantastic prize. Multiple entries are permissible for this competition and extra points will be given for originality.
2 nights bed & breakfast for two people at Ashford Castle
Dinner on one of those nights for two people at Wilde’s at The Lodge, recently awarded Best Emerging Irish Cuisine in Connaught at the Restaurant Association Awards
Corrib Cruise for two people aboard The Isle of Inishfree on Lough Corrib
Ashford Castle is set in 350 acres, on the picturesque shores of Lough Corrib. Dating back to 1228, the castle now enters a new chapter in its history, as part of The Red Carnation Hotel Collection. With 83 spectacular rooms, suites and a Lakeside Cottage, a wealth of activities and plenty of thoughtful touches, guests will enjoy acclaimed Irish hospitality on a grand scale.
During your Corrib cruise you’ll experience some breath-taking scenery on Lough Corrib, with its 365 islands and surrounding Connemara Mountains.
Email your entries to email@example.com
with PHOTO COMP in the subject line. Don’t forget to include your contact details.
2. OR Tweet your image/video using the #MayoDayPhoto include your name before the closing date of Friday 6th May to be in with a chance to win this fantastic prize. Don’t forget to tag in your family and friends in the tweet to share your entry.
3. Be as creative as you can and get snapping!
Terms & Conditions
1. Entrants to the competition warrant that the photograph they submit has been taken by the entrant, that it is their own and that as owner they are fully entitled to use it for the purpose of the 'Capture your Mayo Moment' competition ('the Competition').
2. Where the photo submitted to the Competition contains any person or persons the Entrant warrants that those persons have given their permission for the photograph to be used in the Competition.
3. Entrants shall be liable to Mayo.ie for any loss or damage caused by misrepresenting their entitlement to submit a photograph for entry in the Competition.
4. By submitting a photograph for entry to the Competition entrants grant to Mayo.ie a full, irrevocable licence to use the photograph at any time and in any format for the purposes of running the Competition, promoting the Competition or otherwise.
5. The decision of the panel appointed by Mayo.ie to judge the photographs shall be final.
6. Entrants who provide false or misleading information will automatically be disqualified.
7. Mayo.ie may at its sole discretion disqualify any entrant, at any time or for any reason.
8. Closing Date of Competition is Friday 6th May 2016.